Thank you for your interest in playing CYC basketball with SESR. We are excited to have your family a part of our program.
Registration for the 2018 Basketball session is open and will close October 18, 2018.
Registration fees for 2018 are as follows:
○ $90 for 1st child
○ $80 for each additional child
*** Registration will not be complete and your child will not be placed on a team until the fees or pay in full. If you are opting out of concession duty, the opt out fee of $100 dollars needs to be paid also.
PRACTICE FIELDS AND DATES:
Each coach will determine the day; and time for his or her team to practice. Practice is not allowed on Wednesday nights due to PSR. Practices will be held in our gym. Your child’s coach will send an email out with all of this information as the season gets closer. Practices start in December.
Game schedules will be posted on the CYC Saint Charles website (below).
The game schedules are usually released by the district 1-2 weeks before the season starts. Your coach will communicate team schedules as they become available.
SEASON OPENING: The season is set to start January 4th and go through March. The season lasts for about 10 weeks with each team playing a total of 10 games.
These requirements must be met prior to the season starting. Any adult listed on a team’s roster MUST complete ALL of the following requirements:
● Attend a Protecting God’s Children Workshop. Dates and times can be found at www.cycstl.net/coaches/protecting-gods-children-workshops. This only has to be taken once.
● Complete the paperwork AT THE SCHOOL’S PARISH OFFICE for a background check. Even if you have had one at any time somewhere else, this needs to be done at our school parish office.
● Take the online Coaching To Make A Positive Difference course.This can be done before the Protecting God’s Children workshop but the CYC will not issue a CYC Coaching ID card unless the adult is on the Archdiocese’s list of people who have completed the PGC workshop. The Coaching To Make A Positive Difference course can be found at http://els.coaching-coaches.com/user/register?regcode=cycstl
● After completing steps 1, 2, and 3, the adult then needs to apply for a CYC ID card. You will need to know your ID number. You will receive the number after completing the course. Do not wait because these cards need to be with you at every game. They will be checked for by the referees. Any adult that has not completed these requirements at the time of the season starting will not be eligible to participate in the game.
All players must have a CYC PHOTO ID CARD. Please have the players apply for their card before the season begins so they have it at for the first game. These will also be checked at every game.
Visit http://www.cycstl.net/id-cards for information on how to obtain a CYC card.
JERSEYS AND UNIFORMS:
Uniforms will be purchased through Johnny Mac's and everyone will need one. More information to come when available.
Please download the app on your phone. The direct number to call is: (636)496-0331. Any parent can call the day of a game if you are unsure if a game will happen due to the weather. You must know where the game is being played and hit that extension to find out if the game is cancelled. However, each team’s coach will notify you if a game is cancelled. SESR Field extension is: 35
Parents are required to work one shift in our concession stand per child. If you are unable to work your assigned shift, you are responsible for finding someone to fill in for you. Head coaches are exempt from concession stand duty. Any family that does not show up for their assigned concession stand shift will have their account assessed a $100 fee.
The concession stand schedule will be organized prior to the first game of the season and will be emailed to all parents by the concession stand coordinator. Please email Abigail Beckerle for any questions regarding the concession schedule: http://firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a concession stand opener or closer you must still pay the soccer fee for your child or children and after you fulfill your job requirements your money will be refunded.
***If you have any questions that we have not answered you may contact Soccer Coordinator Kathleen McMullen at http://email@example.com